This salad is fast becoming a modern classic. The sweetness of the ripe melon contrasts wonderfully with the salty feta and the nuttiness of the pumpkin seeds.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 2 oz (60 g) pumpkin seeds
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 lb 2 oz (500 g) watermelon, peeled, seeded if preferred, and cut into ¾ in (2 m) squares
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 4 large handfuls of mixed salad leaves, such as watercress, arugula, or baby spinach
- 10 oz (300 g) feta cheese, cut into ½ in (1 cm) squares
How to Make It
- Dry-fry the pumpkin seeds for 2–3 minutes until they start to pop. Add a pinch of sea salt and the chili powder, stir, and cook for another minute. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, and sea salt and pepper to taste. Add the watermelon, red onion, and salad leaves, and toss well to coat with the dressing.
- Scatter the feta cheese and the seeds over the top of the salad and serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.