|Royal jelly facts and health benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Royal jelly facts and health benefits|
|Origin||Its use for health benefits was prominent in 1950s for the asthmatic problems. It became scarce when Christians and Catholics seek it and also became expensive. Moreover, it was used by Chinese and Asiatic people for generations.|
|Colors||Whitish with yellow or beige tinge|
|Health benefits||Maintains blood pressure, Level of cholesterol, Cures infertility, Prevent cancer, Lowers inflammation|
Its use for health benefits was prominent in 1950s for the asthmatic problems. It became scarce when Christians and Catholics seek it and also became expensive. Moreover, it was used by Chinese and Asiatic people for generations. It has various antibacterial, antioxidants, anti-tumor activities and also enhances immunity. It inhibits the growth of cancer, assist menopause and acts as skin protector.
Health Benefits of Royal Jelly
Royal jelly comprises of antitumor, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties. It is used to treat the health problems such as aid for asthma, enhance immunity, inhibit cancer and anti-aging treatment. It is rich in nutrients such as copper, calcium, phosphorus, iron, sulfur, silicon, potassium, biotin, vitamins, folate, inositol, gamma globulin, nucleic acis and amino acids. It prevents the possibilities of lower blood pressure, cancer, lower cholesterol level, sexual infertility, lower inflammation, liver health, prevent premature aging, digestive health, promotes circulation and lose weight.
- Maintains blood pressure
The research shows that royal jelly has proteins which have positive impact on the level of blood pressure. Hydrolysate has prolonged effect on the blood pressure. With potassium, it acts as a vasodilator which helps to lower the stress on blood vessels. It also prevents the chances of heart problems. (1)
- Level of cholesterol
The research shows that the addition of royal jelly helps to lower bad cholesterol level which helps to prevent cardiovascular problems and atherosclerosis. (2)
- Cures infertility
Royal jelly helps to treat infertility which is associated with royalactin. It assists to become sexually viable. It increases men’s fertility and sperm motility. (3)
- Prevent cancer
It has antioxidant properties in it which helps to hinder bisphenol A which is also called BPA. It is associated with the high chances of breast cancer. The intake of royal jelly helps to prevent this problem. (4)
- Lowers inflammation
It is loaded with vitamins and enzymes that have anti-inflammatory properties. The topical application of royal jelly helps to provide relief from inflammation. (5)
- Slows down ageing
The antioxidant properties help to eradicate free radicals which are responsible for the premature aging of cells. It helps to maintain the skin’s shine, prevent wrinkles, hair loss as well as macular degeneration. (6)
- Lowers cholesterol
Royal jelly helps to lower cholesterol, promote healthy digestion and enhance liver function. It assists the weight loss efforts. It enhance metabolism and boost weight loss. (7)
Royal jelly contains essential amino acids. It helps to regenerate cells, enhance growth and development of muscles, strengthen bones and improve enzyme process. (8)
- It is used for hair growth and as skin tonic.
- It is used to nourish the skin and lower wrinkles.
- It is used as a tonic which is helpful for menopause as well as sexual performance.
- It also helps to increase energy.
- It is used for asthma, liver disease, hay fever, pancreatitis, premenstrual syndrome, sleep troubles, stomach ulcers, bone fractures, kidney disease, skin disorders, menopausal symptoms and high cholesterol.
- It is also used to enhance immune system.
- It promotes longevity and enhances fertility.
- The asthma patients should avoid it.
- Some might experience the reactions such as skin irritations, bronchial spasms, anaphylactic shock, asthma attack, facial rash, weight gain, hives and gastrointestinal discomfort.
- The patients of breast cancer (estrogen receptor) if consumed royal jelly promotes the growth of breast cancer cells.
- It may enhance the effects of cholesterol lowering medications and blood thinners.
- Some might experience the side effects such as facial rash, weight gain and gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Small children, breastfeeding women, pregnant women and immune patients should avoid the use of royal jelly.
- The people having other allergies should also avoid it.
- It could worsen dermatitis and lowers blood pressure.
- It should not be fed to infants who are below one year of age.
- Pregnant women should avoid it.
- Royal jelly should not be heated.
- It is used as a dietary supplement.
- It is added to salads, yogurt, smoothies and other cold beverage.
Royal jelly facts
The substance which is produced by the worker honey bees is known as Royal jelly. The consumption of royal jelly by ordinary female bee in larval stage will make her turn into the queen bee which is 1 ½ times of the normal size. It becomes fertile and lays more than thousands of eggs in a day. As other bees liver for a few weeks, queen bee lives for about five years old.
|Name||Royal jelly facts and health benefits|
|Native||Its use for health benefits was prominent in 1950s for the asthmatic problems. It became scarce when Christians and Catholics seek it and also became expensive. Moreover, it was used by Chinese and Asiatic people for generations.|
|Common/English Name||Apis mellifera, Bee Spit, Bee Saliva, Honey Bee Milk, Gelée Royale, Honey Bee’s Milk, Lait des Abeilles, Jalea Real, Royal Bee Jelly, Bee’s milk|
|Name in Other Languages||French: gelée royale|
|Made by||Worker honey bees|
|Lifespan||Queen bee: 5-6 years old
Worker bees: 35-40 days
|Color||Whitish with yellow or beige tinge|