|Barley Malt Syrup Quick Facts|
|Name:||Barley Malt Syrup|
|Major nutrients||Carbohydrate (11.52%)
Vitamin B3 (10.66%)
Vitamin B6 (8.08%)
Vitamin B2 (6.38%)
Health benefits of Barley Malt Syrup
Barley Malt syrup contains some vitamins and minerals. Being a natural product, it does not have any chemicals. An enzyme which convert carbohydrates to sugar occur naturally in sprouted grains. It has low glycemic index in comparison to table sugar. It possesses 60% maltose with high glycemic index 105. It is an excellent source of soluble fiber that helps to lower glycemic index probably ranging 40. It i8s used for treating constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Avoid its excessive intake to prevent any side effects.
- Barley malt syrup is not an ideal sweetener for controlling blood sugar.
- It is harmful for teeth because some bacteria in teeth use sweet tasting sugars found in Barley malt syrup for producing acids which harms tooth enamel that protects teeth.
How to Eat
- Use it on pancakes or bread.
- It is used as an ingredient in malted milk drinks and desserts.
- Use it in cookies, cakes, brownies, beverages, chocolate syrup and ice cream.