|Fish Soup Quick Facts|
|Major nutrients||Vitamin B3 (16.50%)
Total Fat (6.29%)
How to make Fish Soup?
BACALAO VIZCAINA (CODFISH SOUP)
- 1 lb salted cod fish (submerged in 2 qts of water for 8 hours but change water 4 times and cut into small pieces)
- 2 sliced onions
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (sliced)
- 4 potatoes, sliced thick
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ C. pitted green olives
- 2 tsps capers
- ½ C. golden raisins
- 1 (4 oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- ¼ C. white wine
- 1 C. water
- In a big pot, add in half of the raisins, roasted red peppers, potatoes, fish, olives, garlic, onions, capers and boiled eggs.
- Then add in half of the olive oil and tomato sauce respectively.
- Add bay leaf and repeat the process.
- Then add in the wine and water.
- Boil without stirring the mix.
- Put a lid on the pot and set heat to low.
- Let it cook for about 35 minutes. And enjoy.