|Macaroni Quick Facts|
|Major nutrients||Manganese (57.43%)
Vitamin B9 (21.75%)
Health Benefits of Macaroni
- Offer carbohydrates
Carbohydrates are responsible for providing energy to the body in order to carry out daily functions without exhaustion. A serving size of moderate cup of macaroni offers 43 grams of carbohydrates. For healthy choice one could opt for whole wheat pasta making diet friendly choice. A whole wheat pasta provides 6.3 grams of fiber that offers 24% of overall recommended amount of dietary fiber for women and 17% for men.
- RBC development
Whole wheat pasta and white pasta are packed with essential minerals beneficial for the development of red blood cells. Whole wheat pasta is an excellent source of carotenoids so white pasta offers folate to the body. Carotenoids and B-9 has crucial role in promoting cell growth within anatomy. It assist in effective body functions.
- Blood sugar regulation
Selenium is found in both white and whole wheat pasta. It has properties that are required for activating antioxidants found in the body to regulate and lower molecular damage in anatomy. Manganese found in pasta has essential role to balance levels of blood sugar within bloodstream.
- Supports digestion
Whole wheat and white pasta offers enormous fiber which is required for effective functioning of stomach digestive fluids. The effective digestion of food promotes overall wellbeing by expulsion of waste components within the body
- Cholesterol and gluten free
Pasta is a wise choice for diabetic patients as it has no cholesterol and has low sodium levels that does not cause imbalance within anatomy.
Recipe to make Masala Macaroni
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp. finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped capsicum
- 2 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 1 vegetarian seasoning cube
- In a deep non-stick pan, boil enough water. Add macaroni, few drops of oil and salt. Cook until macaroni is cooked (for about 8 minutes). Put the pasta aside after water is drained.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Then sauté by adding garlic and ginger over a medium flame (i.e. 1 minute).
- Then add onions and sauté.
- Add tomatoes, seasoning cube and chilli powder. Mix it well and cook for 3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add tomato ketchup, capsicum, 2 tbsp. of water and salt and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now add the boiled pasta. Mix it well and cook for 2 minutes (on medium flame) tossing occasionally.
- Serve it hot.