Niaouli is an inherent to Australia with a botanical name Melaleuca Virdiflora. It is also used in soaps, lotions, creams and toothpaste because of its antiseptic and disinfectant properties. The Niaouli essential oil is extracted from the fresh leaves and tender twigs through the process of steam distillation. The components of this oil are: alpha pinene, cineole, limonene, piperitone, alpha phellandrene, gamma terpineol, linalooland and beta pinene. The Niaouli essential oil is used to heal the immune stimulant, antiseptic and expectorant to assist with respiratory and pulmonary infections. It is also substitute for Cajeput and Eucalyptus oil to treat cold, neuralgia, rheumatism and cough. The fragrance of Niaouli essential oil is clear, pungent, sharp, floral, medicinal, fresh, musty, slightly sweet, earthy and harsh.
Health Benefits of Niaouli Essential Oil
The properties such as anti-rheumatic, bactericidal, cicatrisant, expectorant, insecticide, vermifuge, analgesic, antiseptic, balsamic, decongestant, febrifuge, stimulant and vulnerary substance helps to provide various health benefits which are as follows:
The pain is eradicated by the Niaouli Essential oil by inducing numbness in the nerves. The pain caused by the migraines, earaches, toothaches, joint and muscle pain and pain caused by the sprains.
The Niaouli Essential Oil helps to enhance the blood and lymph circulation by prohibiting the uric acid accumulation in the joints and providing warmth to the body parts which helps to alleviate arthritis, rheumatism and gout.
3. Heals scars and skin infections
The presence of disinfectant, antiseptic, bactericide and antiseptic properties helps to treat the wounds, skin infections and other disorders. 1 drop of Niaouli oil should be added in the cup of lukewarm water which helps to cleanse the skin ulcers, acne, insect bites, wounds, blemishes, cuts and burns. This solution helps to eliminate the bacteria from the affected part of the skin and speeds up the healing process.
Niaouli essential oil helps to prevent the growth of bacteria with its antiseptic properties and protects the wound from tetanus, sepsis and infections of other internal organs.
The Niaouli essential oil helps to eliminate bacteria and its growth as well as infections.
6. Antidote to Stings
Niaouli essential oil provides an antidote against stings and insect bites. The affected area is cooled if this oil is applied by blending it with other essential oils such as fennel, coriander or peppermint oil.
7. Relieves rheumatic and other pain
Niaouli essential oil helps to relieve pain and discomforts. The painful area should be massaged by blending 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil with coconut oil, this helps to numb the nerves of the painful parts and relieve pain. 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil mixing with sesame oil if massaged helps to enhance the lymphatic system and boost the circulation of blood in the body. Niaouli oil relieves pain, swelling and inflammation in the painful areas. It helps to treat joint pain, earache, sprains, toothache, migraines and headache.
8. Protect against bacterial infections
Due to the presence of bactericidal properties in the Niaouli essential oil, it is also included in the creams and lotions to treat the bacterial infections.
Niaouli essential oil helps to promote the absorption and nutrients distribution in the body. It also enhances strength.
10. Treats fever and respiratory problems effectively
The expectorant and decongestant properties in Niaouli essential oil helps to assist in clearing congestion and blocked respiratory passages with mucous and phlegm. It also lowers the temperature of the body while having fever by eliminating infections. 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil if used in steam inhalation or vaporizer helps to prevent from bronchitis, sinusitis, pneumonia, laryngitis, tuberculosis, cold, flu, catarrh, whooping cough, pneumonia, asthma, sore throat and cough. It helps to clear the clogged lungs, larynx, pharynx, nasal passages, trachea and bronchi by easing phlegm, which helps in sound sleep and easy breathing. 2 drops of Niaouli oil should be massaged on the chest, neck and back to get relief.
Niaouli essential oil possesses a cicatrisant which helps to lessen scars and after marks of pimples, acne or pox on the skin. It speeds up the development of new cells and tissues in the affected area. It helps to replace the old and damaged tissues of the scars.
12. Pain killer
Niaouli essential oil helps to provide relief from the migraines, earaches, headaches, toothaches and muscle pain. Due to its analgesic properties, it helps to induce the numbness in the nerves and desentize the area.
Niaouli essential oil helps to relieve the congestion of bronchi, larynx, trachea, lungs, pharynx and the nasal tracts by clearing the phlegm in that area. It provides easier breathe and sound sleep.
The expectant property of Niaouli essential oil helps to loosen the toughened depositions of phlegm or catarrh in the lungs, larynx, trachea, bronchi, pharynx and nasal tracts and provides the relief from coughs and congestion.
This oil helps to prevent from infections and also lowers the body temperature during the fevers. It also clears out the toxins from the body which helps to enhance the quick recovery from fever.
16. Kills worms and insects
The intestinal worms such as round worms and tape worms are destroyed by the Niaouli essential oil. 3-5 drops of Niaouli essential oil could be added to the warm bathing water or the aroma could be inhaled by adding 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil to the diffuser which helps to eliminate worms from the body. The insects like bugs, ants and cockroaches could be destroyed by adding Niaouli essential oil to the insect sprays or vaporizers.
Niaouli essential oil helps to enhance the blood circulation by secreting hormones, juices and enzymes. It assists in absorption, digestion and secretion. It also enhances the immunity and growth. It counteracts with the micro-organisms and strengthens the immune system.
Niaouli essential oil helps to eliminate both tapeworms and roundworms. The worm’s presence hinders from the nutrient absorption by the body.
Niaouli essential oil helps to prevent the wounds from infections and also speeds up the healing process. It is effective for treating cuts, wounds, ulcers and internal wounds.
It also cures the skin infections, tone up digestive system, antidote against sting and insect bites and clears the congestion of oily skin. It also treats acne, boils, rashes and abscesses.
Suggested uses of Niaouli Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Niaouli essential oil should be added to the cup of lukewarm water which helps to cleanse blemishes, acne, cuts, burns, insect bites and skin ulcers. It also prevents the affected area from the bacteria and also speeds up the healing process.
- 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil if mixed with the coconut oil or regular skin care cream or lotion helps to heal the infected area.
- 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil if blended with jojoba oil helps to reduce the pimple marks and scars and post pregnancy stretches.
- Niaouli essential oil should be blended with coconut oil and massaging the painful area with this helps to console the pain by numbing the nerves in the painful parts.
- The blended 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil with sesame oil if massaged, helps to boost the blood circulation and stimulate the lymphatic system. This helps to control the collection of toxic substances and uric acid in joints.
- 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil should be added to steam inhalation or vaporizer which helps to prevent from flu, whooping cough, catarrh, asthma, laryngitis, tuberculosis, cold, bronchitis, sinusitis, pneumonia, sore throat and cough.
- 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil should be rubbed and massaged to the chest, neck and back for an instant relief.
- 3-5 drop of Niaouli essential oil should be added to the warm bathing water or 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil should be diffused and the aroma should be inhaled which helps to prevent the worms from the body.
- 2 drops of Niaouli essential oil if diffused in a diffuser helps to enhance the immune power.
- The mixture of 5 drops of niaouli, 1 drop of myrtle, 10 ml soya oil and 2 drops of eucalyptus should be rubbed to the sinus area, nape of the neck, chest and temple.
- The air-borne infections could be prevented by making the mixture of 5 ml niaouli and 300 ml warm water in a spray bottle.
Precautions for Niaouli Essential Oil
Niaouli essential oil should not be taken internally. It should not be applied to the eyes and mucous membranes. The nursing mothers, pregnant women and children should consult the doctor before using this product.