|Sea buckthorn berry oil uses and facts Quick Facts|
|Name:||Sea buckthorn berry oil uses and facts|
|Origin||It was originated from Himalayas and also used by European and ancient Greek cultures. It is found in India, UK, Pakistan, China, France, Poland, Germany, Nepal, Denmark, Sweden and Mongolia.|
|Health benefits||Treat cancer, Skin ailments, Lowers fatigue, Prevent infections, Cardiovascular problems|
It was originated from Himalayas and also used by European and ancient Greek cultures. It is found in India, UK, Pakistan, China, France, Poland, Germany, Nepal, Denmark, Sweden and Mongolia. It was used for thousands of years as an aid for various health ailments. It was also called liquid gold, god sent medicine in China, Tibet and Mongolia for its healing properties. It belongs to the family Elaeagnaceae. It was recorded before 5000 B.C. in Ayurvedic medicine. It lowers the chances of radiation burns.
Health Benefits of Sea buckthorn berry oil
Sea buckthorn oil is loaded with various health benefits due to the presence of anti-inflammation, antioxidant and antiviral properties that assist in promoting the wellness of the body.
- Treat cancer
This oil has anti-inflammatory properties, phytonutrients and anti-cancerous activity. It has toxic hepatoprotective activities that lower the effects of aflatoxins in the liver health. It lowers the chances of cancer with its liver cleansing effects.
- Skin ailments
Sea buckthorn oil lowers the skin issues by preventing the chances of sun burn, heals the wounds such as cuts and bedsores. It lowers the adverse effects such as acne, dry skin, skin ulcers, eczema and stretch marks.
- Lowers fatigue
Sea buckthorn oil is an excellent source of Omega-7s that helps to treat adrenal fatigue. It removes the foods such as caffeine, processed foods and sugar. It reduce anxiety and provides normal levels of energy.
- Prevent infections
Antioxidants prevent the infections caused by free radicals. It contains more than 2.4 times of carotenoids in comparison to other oils. It lowers the chances of infection if exposes to bacteria or environmental hazards. Antioxidants enhance immunity by preventing the body against infections caused due to viruses, bacteria and parasites.
- Cardiovascular problems
It lowers the cholesterol level. Due to antioxidant properties, it inhibits the aggrefation of platelet that provides cardioprotective effects against the cell damage caused by free radicals. The regular intake of Sea buckthorn oil prevents the cardiovascular problems such as hypertension, atherosclerosis and heart attacks.
- Level of insulin
The study shows that sea buckthorn oil has positive effects on the level of insulin. It maintains normal level of blood sugar by preventing the chances of diabetes and type 2 diabetes. It lowers the spikes of blood sugar level.
- It is used in Russia, Tibet, China and Mongolia to provide relief from cough, aid digestion, promote blood circulation and alleviate pain.
- It provides rejuvenating and healing properties.
- It helps to cure wounds, cuts, burns, rashes, sunburn and skin damage.
- It slows down the signs of aging.
- It supports the health of nail and hair.
- Topically it is used to treat skin problems such as eczema, stretch marks, wounds and burns.
- It treat intestinal and stomach problems such as dry eye, night blindness, reflux esophagitis and ulcers.
- Apply a drop of sea buckthorn oil to the mouth ulcers for 2 to 3 times in a day.
- The application of Sea buckthorn oil to the hemorrhoids infection area provides relief from pain caused due to hemorrhoids.
- The healing process of damaged skin could be fastened by applying this oil to the acne, cut and pimples.
- It also improves the condition of dry skin.
- It is used to cure abdominal spasms, diarrhea and gastrointestinal problems.
- Excessive use of this oil causes loss of beneficial electrolytes and dehydration.
- If used for long period of time, it leads to kidney problems.
- It promotes blood circulation in arteries and veins so, it should not be used with the medication of vasodilator.
- It lowers blood sugar so do not take with diabetes and insulin medications.
- It should not be used by the people having scheduled for surgery.
Sea buckthorn berry oil facts
This oil is used as an herbal remedy and dietary supplement. The oil is extracted in two forms such as Sea Buckthorn Seed oil and Sea Buckthorn Berry oil. The extracted oils hold various health benefits. It is used to treat asthma, loosen phlegm, high cholesterol, chest pain. It slows down the aging process and cancer.
|Name||Sea buckthorn berry oil uses and facts|
|Scientific Name of Sea buckthorn berry plant||Hippophae rhamnoides|
|Native||It was originated from Himalayas and also used by European and ancient Greek cultures. It is found in India, UK, Pakistan, China, France, Poland, Germany, Nepal, Denmark, Sweden and Mongolia.|
|Common/English Name of Buckthorn plant||Sandthorn, Seaberry, Sallowthorn|