|Bharangi Quick Facts
|Tropical and warm temperate regions of the world
|6 mm long, succulent, broadly obovoid
- It is used for treating health conditions such as anorexia, inflammation, asthma, cough, anorexia, tubercular gland, hiccough and skin diseases.
- It is externally applied for ophthalmia and cephalagia.
- Root promotes appetite and useful in cough, asthma and scrofulous affections.
- It is used to treat fever and sinusitis.
- Apply the leaves juice with ghee to pemphigus and herpetic eruptions.
- In Unani and Ayurvedic medicine in India, Bharangi roots are used to cure respiratory ailments.
- It is used to treat anasarca, coryza, epilepsy, cough, intermittent fevers, dyspnea and mental disorders.
- In traditional medicine, it is used for treating rheumatism, dyspepsia and provide relief from cold symptoms.
- Boil bruised seeds in buttermilk and use as aperient.
- The bruised seeds, boiled in buttermilk are used as an aperient.
- For asthma and bronchitis, drink root decoction twice a day for 3 days to get relief from asthma, cough and bronchitis.
- Take root decoction twice a day for three days for curing liver ailments.
- Take decoction of Bharangi panchang to treat tuberculosis.
- Apply the grinded roots of Bharangi on forehead for few hours to provide relief from headache and migraine.
- Apply the poultice of grinded Bharangi leaves on eyes to treat eye problems.
- Take decoction of Bharangi panchang twice a day to treat hiccups, stomach infections and food poisoning.
- Apply the paste of leaves to wounds.
- Take Bharangi with honey and ghee for bronchial asthma.